Sunday, November 7, 2010

a mOmEnt...



alright people i feel as if my blogs have been a little bit heavy...ok ok there's no "feel" about it...they are. So i had to share a moment. one that happened a few weeks ago. provo, ut. 8:30pm. i had just gone on my "unofficial" first date...those of you who know the meaning of this, great. thost of you who dont...well...too bad suckas!:) so my first date back to life happened to be with my senior prom date and very good friend dane. now dane is a pretty incredible individual. he has been an amazing friend from the days way back when when winnie the pooh sweatshirts and overalls were the latest craze. (ok ok so they weren't but i wasn't super up to date on the clothes and was a few years/decades behind)he endured the longest prom date ever and has sat and listened to countless hours of me, i love him. so he and i decided the best way back for me into the dating world is to go with style. he planned out the date. PF changs you can never go wrong. now, i look at the clock and its almost 9. whew, just in time for a goodnight hug and drive home. nope. whats next on the agenda you ask? Country Dancing. he rushes upstairs to get his "country" shirt. now time to go? Heck no. we need to warm up. so...this is dane's warm up dance. the memories it brought back were amazing. why would i share this moment? for a couple reasons. 1st i don't know how i will ever be able to express to him and the countless others in my life who have literally given me the gift of friendship, kindness, love, support, laughter and peace. that night, a piece of my heart was given back to me. i found myself video taping dane and giggling. sometimes really laughing. it felt so good. later we danced like fools. 2nd it had been so long. music. people.and dancing. i loved every minute of it. i was alive again. you will love this too. have a good one. Al

3 comments:

  1. Bummer, the video didn't work, but love you. don't know dane, but love him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country dancing has helped many folks back into the world of dating. I know I have no idea what you are going through but I do know that in my small (but seemed so big) heart breaks, country dancing helped me get to where I needed to be socially.

    ReplyDelete