Saturday, November 13, 2010

a glimpse...

today i have to share my love. love that cannot be shared to the person i want more than anything to feel. i am learning the reality of all kinds of love. i know that part of life is learning the process of who to love. when to let go. when to hold on with everything. so many areas of love. gracious. but this morning. i woke up early. and decided to let myself feel. sounds like I am unfeeling but those of you who know this process i am going through, know that there is only healing when you let go of all the love you hold for someone and trust that the Lord will take care of the emptiness, the deep deep ache. but today...i love you. i miss you.
love me.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. We must let ourselves slow down during adverse conditions (as Pres. Uchtdorf has said) instead of continuing to push forward. If we don't just face our problems and take the time to feel, I believe we won't be able to fully heal and move on. Also, what a blessing it is to feel and not be past feeling. What a blessing it is to feel deeper pain so we can feel deeper joy. Love you Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly...I miss you. I pray for you all of the time and think about you often. I know that nothing can help right now, except for God, but I hope you know you always have a friend in me. :) I keep thinking of that night when I was having a hard time in college (what...5 years ago?!) and you let me come over and we ate and watched movies and talked. I was lame...but you still let me come over. You're a remarkable person. I love you.

    ReplyDelete