Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dreams...

My dream
I remember as a child, Filled with Excitement, I would rush to bed, ready for the outcome of another day. Stuffed animals surrounded my white blonde curly hair as I drifted into the dreams of the love I had felt all my life. My world was safe. My world was consistent. My Dreams, the Same.

As a Teenager, the “List” began. Girls Camp, New Beginnings it continued to take shape. Dreams changed by latest crushes and drama of the week. Identity began to take shape. I like colors. I hate Sushi. My world was new My World was exciting. My Dreams, the Same.

First night at college, tears roll down my cheeks. I am alone. I am small. How will I find my dream with so many other dreams crashing and racing to finish? Days turn into weeks. Schedule, Roomates, Dates, Finals…become second nature. Life is so good. Joy seeps in. New Love…Real Love begins. Heartbreak introduced. My world is raw. My world is constantly changing. My dreams, the same.

The day my dream began. My body tingled with the excitement. The air was crisp. Gorgeous day. My hair…perfect. My makeup…the same. Loved ones surround me. I go to my favorite place, the temple. The feeling, unforgettable. The reality…so right. “This is it” I think. “This is the feeling of Dreams.” I hold tightly to the hand of my dream, and walk into life, expecting the world to bow at my choices. My world is right. My world is complete. My dream, the same.

Today. High school students giggling in the hallways. “Ms. Clare” being spoken as easily as “Miss Alycesun”… Late nights with young girls in my family ward…listening to their lists and dreams and drama, hours of running hoping to feel something again, memories of Shaun holding my hand…touching my face, missing Africa and what it brought to me. The view of Majestic Mountains, now the view of a gorgeous sunrise. Which is better…I thought I knew. My world is thick with emotion. My world is back to basics. My world is fragile and new. My world is far from what I expected but potentially All I need. My dream…the Same.

have a good one...
XOXO

Aly

7 comments:

  1. Aly you are incredible. Thanks for helping me get grounded again today. I really miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You speak for the hearts of many women. We've felt similar although it is never exactly the same. You are a spiritual and emotional giant Ms. Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aly, I've missed you! I need some Aly Clare in my life at least once a week. I will be regularly reading to get my fill. I love you and think your absolutely AmaZing! ... Michelle
    come visit me at cheriechiclife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LONG time no see. I hope everything is going well. This really is beautiful, you're such a good writer!
    remember never give up, and never give in- your dream will come true, it's out there! This relates in a way to me, so thanks, and I'm sure to so many others. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aly, This is awesomely inspirational. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so you continue to amaze!! Your post is gorgeous, honest, and vivid. Thanks so much for sharing. Always remember that Heavenly Father is intent on blessing hearts like yours.

    One of my favorite people to quote, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, is a psychologist and has inspired me in less-than-perfect times.

    I came across her citations when a dear friend of mine in Utah lost her brother in a tragic car accident. He was on his way to his wedding a few days before Christmas, and traveling with a friend, his wife, and their baby. The car skidded off the road at night, and into the river, and my friend's brother made sure the parents got out and rescued their baby at the cost of his own life. So, for a while, I tried to help her grieve from afar by emailing her inspirational quotes for several months.

    Here's one of my favorites, and your post above reminds of this:

    "People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."

    You have that inner light in abundance, girl! Amazing, you are!

    ReplyDelete