Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Sneak Peak into the Life of Alycesun Marie...





have you ever done something dorky...borderline ridiculous? So...since my blog title is "Courageous AND Vunerable" I am putting myself on a limb and sharing...just thinking about it makes me giggle. Yep. giggle. Now your dying to know huh?:) Friday was Crazy Hair Day at my new place of Work...ALA High School. I woke up, grabbed a cup from the kitchen, placed it on my head, pulled hair around it...spritz spritz the hairspray an away I went to school. As I pulled in I noticed my car was close to empty. "whew, I need to fill that up after school" I thought. "I will make sure to take out my hair after school". End of conversation with self. Lunch time. I have some time. hmmm. I will just run over to the gas station and fill up my car. Done and done. I stopped at the little run down station in little ol' Queen Creek, AZ. As I jump out of the car, a classy souped up station wagon pulls up next to mine. i glanced at the driver and there was good ol' hosea. truthfully i don't know his name. but you get the picture. he climbs slowly out of his car, starring straight at me. At this point I should share that I have totally forgotten the hair. Seriously, I was around 90 kids that morning who looked just as ridiculous and after awhile, your...normal. like everyone else right? Hosea OBVIOUSLY didn't get the memo. slowly a smiled creeped up his face. i glared at him. didn't even phase him. the gas seemed to S.l.o.w.l.y. fill up. his buddy climbed out now and they started whispering. i am not one to assume that at every gas station i occupy, that men stare unabashed and whisper with thier buddies of my overwhelming beauty...so I will admit I was ooober confused. quickly I put my cap on my car and went to climb in. as I backside hit the seat, my hair smashed up against the rim of my door, kinking my head hard. Realization hit me. Hosea and his sidekick burst into laughter...

the end. Have a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh this morning. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never under estimate the power of your beauty! Crazy hair and all! That's great hair, you always were the best at crazy days at school! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Aly! I love it! That is too funny. See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete