Friday, September 3, 2010

...Zumba, Color in a Box, and A taped Water Bottle

Why is it in our lives that it takes the absolutely tramatic moments that push us to find joy in the most basic of things? Last night as I was dripping with sweat with my new friends in my zumba class, I laughed at how random it really is. I rush to the guym to be with Shelly from China, Samantha from Argentina and who knows who else while we all for one hour, let go of our inhabitions and shake our bootys. I have often laughed at "older women" who go to their weekly areobic class. Now I understand the absolute freedom of such a choice. Its liberating. and while we are on the topic of "liberation" I am a soul believer that color in a box should be band from exsistence. In saying this, I might come across as a snot. Not so. I just have had very few experiences with my 30 or so times of trying color in a box where it ever works out. BUT...last night was the night. Not loving it. But not hating it. So...there's a lesson there...if at first you don't succeed...try 30 times and you may have one lucky time. and lastly, Tape on a water bottle. That's all I have to say. Have a good one.

Love,
Me

4 comments:

  1. Color in a box? Maybe I don't understand what it is your getting at, its not a phrase I've been exposed to until now.

    I loved what you said about how when we are in the trenches of despair we can find joy in the oddest of things. I whole-heartedly agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you color your hair after I saw you?! One of the things that I love about you is that you ALWYAS look beautiful but when we roomed at EFY I found that your beauty was ALL YOU! It wasn't expensive products or high end make up, you were all about over the counter products, your beauty was just you and from within!! If I could look like you in a box color job, I WOULD SURELY DO IT!

    Thanks for fitting me in last night! I needed to be with you! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHHA. Girl, I miss you so much it hurts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did Zumba with the Young Women and I was a total disaster. With all the time I lived in Latin America, you'd think I'd have some movable hips. Not so. P.S. Find a friend in the hair business and get them to buy the color for you. That's what I do :).

    ReplyDelete